BLACKENED PRAWNS WITH CORN AND BLACK BEANS
A beautifully colourful creation, this is wonderful served with other Caribbean and Mexican tastes and can be stuffed into a tortilla or wrap for a great lunch or dinner. Make sure you dice all your vegetables and fruit the same size for a great-looking salad. Remember to take into consideration marinate time of 1 hour for prawns.
Prep time80 mins
Cook time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- 500 grams defrosted raw large prawns
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- * 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Red Chilli deseeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
For the salad
- 1 can black beans rinsed well
- 2 fresh corn cobs, peeled and kernels removed
- 1 Spring Onion trimmed and chopped finely
- 1 bunch fresh mint roughly chopped
- Remaining 1/2 of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Pineapple hard core removed then peeled and diced
- 2 courgettes diced
- 2 Red Capsicum deseeded and diced
- * Olivo extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend well to combine. Tip out into a large bowl and add the prawns. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Combine all the salad ingredients (except the oil) in another large bowl.
- Heat a grill plate or BBQ and cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through and starting to blacken.
- Combine the prawns with the salad, season well and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to serve.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Raw Prawn Cutlets|
|Farro Ground Cumin 40g|
|The Garden Coriander 18g|
|Ceres Organics Black Beans 400g|
|The Garden Mint 18g|
|Farro Cayenne Pepper 30g|
|Olivo Extra Virgin Olive Oil 250ml|