CLASSIC BAKED CAMEMBERT
Camembert baked in its box is the ultimate indulgence. It becomes gorgeous and oozy and it’s fantastic on a cold winter’s evening. Serve with sourdough bread, steamed small potatoes to dip into the melted cheese, and some fresh veges like green beans or slender stem broccoli. Whichever way you choose, this baked camembert is a crowd pleaser.
Prep time5 mins
Cook time20 mins
Nutrition per serving
- 250 g le rustique camembert in its wooden box
- 1 cloves of garlic thinly sliced lengthways
- 4-5 Rosemary soft tips only
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Remove the camembert from plastic wrap and place it back into its wooden box. Place the cheese (and box) onto a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top of the cheese in a crosshatch pattern.
- Push the slices of garlic and rosemary tips into the cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste. Bake for 15-20 mins, until golden and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and serve after allowing to cool slightly; remember hot cheese can burn your mouth!