Nutrition per serving
- * 150 ml Dry White Wine
- 275 ml fish stock
- 1 tsp bay leaf
- 700 g Tarakihi fillets
- * 50 g Butter
- * 50 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Zany Zeus creme fraiche
- 6 gherkins
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 250 g defrosted raw large prawns peeled
Rosti caper topping
- 900 g large potato,
- 1 tablespoon Capers
- * 50 g Butter
- 50 g cheddar, finely grated
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C. Wash and scrub the potato skins. If there are any large ones cut them in half.
- Place them in a medium-sized saucepan with enough boiling salted water to barely cover. Cook for 12 minutes covered.
- Drain well and cover them with a clean tea towel to absorb the steam.
- Meanwhile, heat the wine and fish stock in a medium-sized saucepan on a low heat, add the bay leaf and some seasoning.
- Add the fish to the saucepan and poach gently for 5 mins. It should be slightly undercooked. Strain through a sieve into a bowl to reserve the poaching liquids.
- Remove the fish. In a clean pan, melt the butter over a medium heat, sprinkle in the flour.
- Whisk quickly and cook for 2 mins. Gradually add the strained fish stock little by little, whisking all the time to make a smooth sauce.
- Turn the heat to its lowest setting and let the sauce gently cook for 5 mins, stirring often to stop burning.
- Whisk in the crème fraîche, followed by the cornichons, parsley and dill. Season to taste.
- To make the rösti, peel the potatoes and using the coarse side of a box-grater, grate them into long shreds into a bowl.
- Add the capers and the melted butter and, using two forks, lightly toss everything together so the potatoes get a good coating in the butter.
- Divide the fish into chunks, quite large if possible, and combine with the sauce.
- Add the raw prawns to the fish mixture and gently mix through to combine.
- Spoon into a 5-centimetre deep buttered baking dish with a 1.5 litre capacity and sprinkle the rösti on top, spreading it out as evenly as possible without pressing it down too firmly. Scatter the cheese over the surface and bake on a high oven shelf for 35-40 mins. Serve with a simple green salad.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Harris Stock Fish Stock 500ml|
|Farro Dried Bay Leaves 5g|
|Fresh Tarakihi Fillet|
|Zany Zeus Creme Fraiche 250g|
|Acme Bread And Butter Gherkins 946ml|
|Italian Parsley Bunch|
|Raw Prawn Cutlets|
|Agria Potatoes 1.5kg|
|Romulo Capers 140g|
|Blue River Blackmount Cheddar 120g|
|Haha Sauvignon Blanc 2016 750ml|
|Lewis Road Salted Butter 250g|
|EDMONDS STANDARD 1.25KG FLOUR|