- 1 kg Tarakihi fillets (4 fillets)
- 1 Lemon cut into 8 lengthwise
- 2 punnets Curious Croppers Mixed Tomatoes halved
- * 1 tbsp Flour
- * Salt and Pepper
- * 2 tbsp Butter
- * 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- * 1/4 cup Dry White Wine or water
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 1/2 cup Basil leaves
Janene's Fresh Fish with cherry tomatoes and basil
This simple fish dish makes the most of the vibrant colours and flavours of Curious Croppers tomatoes. We use balsamic vinegar to sweeten and caramelise, and fresh basil to finish the sauce.
Prep time5 Minutes
Cook time15 Minutes
Serves 4 People
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a paper bag. Add the fish and shake to coat. Heat a fry pan, add butter and 2 tbsp olive oil. When sizzling add the fish, and lemon slices, cook the fish for 3 mins on one side or until golden.
- Turn both the fish and lemon slices cook for a further minute on the other side. Remove the fish and lemon and place on a serving dish. Place the pan back on heat.
- Add the crushed garlic to the pan. Then add the cherry tomatoes, shake then add 2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, wine, basil leaves, then season with salt and pepper.
- Continue to shake over the heat until the tomatoes have just started to soften. Remove from the heat. Pour the tomato mix over the fish and serve.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with simple green salad made of rocket and shaved parmesan dressed with Al Brown's lemon fennel olive oil and balsamic syrup.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Fresh Tarakihi Fillet|
|Curious Croppers Summer Medley 250g|
|Giusti Castello Estense Balsamic 500ml|
|The Garden Basil 18g|
|EDMONDS STANDARD 1.25KG FLOUR|
|Findlay Foods New Zealand Salt Grinder 350g|
|Lewis Road Salted Butter 250g|
|Iliada Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml|
|Haha Sauvignon Blanc 2016 750ml|