Nutrition per serving
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Chopped tomatoes
- 1 lime zest and juice
- * Pinch of salt
- * Freshly cracked pepper
For Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- * 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- * 1 tablespoon olive oil
For Corn Salsa
- Handful of coriander roughly chopped
- 1 corn cob, remove husk and shave off corn kernels
- Pickled Green Chilli
- sour cream
- In a large bowl mix the spice mix with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken and mix well to coat chicken fully in spice mix.
- Heat a heavy based, oven proof frypan on a high heat. Add the chicken and brown on all sides, remove and reserve.
- Add the red onion and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until softened. Add the red kidney beans, tomatoes, and lime zest. Mix well and bring to a boil. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to the pan, placing on top of the bean mixture. Transfer into the hot oven to cook for 30-35 minutes.
- While chicken cooks prepare corn salsa by mixing coriander through the corn kernels.
- When Chicken is cooked through, plate chicken and bean mix onto plates, served with corn salsa on side and garnish with the pickled chilli and sour cream. Squeeze lime juice over dish. Enjoy!
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Fermier Chicken Drumsticks avg pkt 1.1kg|
|Red Onions KG|
|Metelliana Red Kidney Beans 400g|
|Metelliana Chopped Peeled Tomatoes 400g|
|Farro Sweet Paprika 30g|
|Farro Ground Coriander 30g|
|Farro Ground Cinnamon 30g|
|Serpis Pickled Guindillas Chillis 320g|
|Zany Zeus Sour Cream 250g|
|Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 240g|
|Maldon Whole Black Peppercorns 40g|
|Farro Ground Cumin 40g|
|Iliada Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml|