Nutrition per serving
- 250 grams Brown Rice
For the mince mix
- 500 grams Pork Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled and chopped
- 20 grams Ginger grated
- 45 millilitres Kikkoman soy sauce
- 15 grams fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 Telegraph Cucumber finely diced
- 3 Kaffir Lime leaves finely chopped
- 80 grams roasted peanuts toast in a dry pan until golden
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce seperate the leaves to make lettuce cups
- Place the brown rice into large pot and add enough water to come 2 centimetres above the rice level. Bring to a rolling boil then cover and turn the heat to the lowest setting. Cook without covering for any reason for 20 minutes
- Remove from the heat and without uncovering, allow to stand for 5 minutes. Uncover and gently fluff up the rice with a fork. Cover and reserve until needed. It will stay hot.
- While the rice is cooking, use a medium mixing bowl to combine the pork mince with the garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Rest to one side.
- Heat a large fry pan or wok with 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Once the oil is very hot, add the pork mix and stir it immediately. Break apart the mince as it cooks so you have a nice consistency. Continue to cook until all juices have evaporated and pork mix is cooked through.
- Remove the pork mix from the heat and add in the cooked rice along with the coriander, cucumber, ka r lime leaves and spring onion. Toss in half the toasted peanuts and mix well.
- Transfer the mix to a large platter and sprinkle with remaining peanuts. Place lettuce leaf cups on another platter and to serve simply place a scoop of mix in each lettuce cup. Enjoy!
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Sawat-D Healthy Grain Jasmine Brown Rice 1kg|
|Freedom Farms Pork Mince avg pkt 500g|
|Kikkoman Soy Sauce 250ml|
|The Garden Coriander 18g|
|The Garden Kaffir Lime Leaves 8g|
|Peanuts, Raw And Blanched|