Nutrition per serving
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs, made by blitzing stale bread in a blender or food processor
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons Currants
- 2 tablespoons Parsley leaves chopped, plus extra for serving
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely chopped
- 4 free range chicken thighs skinned and boned
- 4 rashers Streaky Bacon
- 400 grams Gourmet Potatoes well scrubbed
- 3/4 Peel of preserved lemon thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 millilitres white wine
- * 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Put the breadcrumbs, milk, parmesan, currants, parsley and garlic into a bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well. This is the stuffing.
- Lie the chicken thighs down side by side on a flat surface, former skin side down.
- Beat out the thicker parts gently with a meat hammer.
- Place a quarter of the stuffing at one end of each thigh, roll up then wrap a rasher of bacon around each.
- Place side by side in a roasting dish. Place the potatoes, lemon, bay leaf and wine around the chicken.
- Drizzle the oil over the chicken and place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken and potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Farro White Breadcrumbs 200g|
|Lewis Road Blue Top Milk 750ml|
|Granarolo Grana Padano 200g|
|Farro Dried Currants 200g|
|Italian Parsley Bunch|
|Rangitikei Skinless Chicken Thigh Free Range avg pkt 400g|
|Kiwi Streaky Bacon 250g|
|Gourmet Potatoes 800g|
|Ludbrook House Pickled Limes 300ml|
|Farro Dried Bay Leaves 5g|
|Soho White Sauvignon Blanc 2017 750ml|
|Iliada Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml|