Sunday Roast Porchetta
This Italian-style roast pork makes the perfect Sunday lunch. If you have time, start this recipe a day ahead and allow your pork to marinate with the herb mix over night for a more flavourful result.
Prep time20 mins
Cook time3 hours
Nutrition per serving
- 1.8 kg Pork Sirloin Roast
- 1/4 cup Fresh Rosemary finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage finely chopped
- 4 fennel tops finely chopped
- 1 Lemon zest of
- 5 Garlic Cloves peeled and finely chopped
- * 1 1/2 tbsp flaky sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Farro whole fennel seeds lightly toasted and crushed
- 3/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Farro black peppercorns crushed
- 2 anchovy fillets finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Capers finely chopped
- * kitchen twine to tie the pork
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Pat the pork shoulder dry with a paper towel,then score the the skin across vertically with a sharp knife 1cm apart.
- Place the ground fennel seeds and black pepper in a medium sized bowl with the rosemary, sage fennel tops, lemon zest, chilli flakes, anchovies and capers. Mix well to combine.
- Evenly rub the herb mix over the meat side of the pork shoulder and season well with salt.
- Roll the shoulder as tightly as as you can into a log, and then tie it together with kitchen twine.
- Place the pork on a cake rack in a roasting tray filled with 2 centimetres of water. Place in the preheated oven to cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- Raise the oven temperature to 180C to cook for a further hour, basting the skin every 20 minutes with the pan juices. The skin will start cracking during this time so take care that it does not burn.
- Remove the pork from the oven and rest in a warm place for 15-20 mins. The porchetta is best served within an hour, after it has rested.
- Transfer the pork shoulder to a chopping board, carefully cut rounds and serve with your favourite sides.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Freedom Farms Pork Sirloin Roast avg pkt 1.8kg|
|The Garden Rosemary 18g|
|The Garden Sage 18g|
|Farro Fennel Seeds 30g|
|Farro Chilli Flakes 20g|
|Farro Black Peppercorns 30g|
|Flott Anchovy Fillets 80g|
|Romulo Capers 140g|
|Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 240g|