Nutrition per serving
For the Fish
- 200 grams instant polenta
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 egg white lightly whisked
- 4 x 160-180g fillets white fish
- * 1/2 cup Cooking oil
For Sweet and Sour Tomatoes
- * 1/3 cup Cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon Farro whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Farro Black Mustard Seeds
- 600 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Farro ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon Farro ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Farro chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander leaves chopped
For the Sweet and Sour Tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over medium heat. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry until they splutter. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the tomatoes and stir until coated with the seeds, then stir in the ground spices, sugar and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add 1/2 cup of water, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes, making sure not to overcook. Add the coriander and remove from the heat and set aside.
For the Fish
- Combine polenta and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium baking dish and season with black pepper.
- Brush the fillets of fish with egg white, coat with seasoned polenta and set aside for crust to set (5 minutes)
- Heat the cooking oil in a large hot frying pan over medium heat, until hot.
- Carefully place the fish into the pan in batches, and shallow fry until an even golden crust forms (2-3 minutes each side), then carefully turn and repeat, being careful not to overcook the fish.
- Drain the fish on paper towels, then transfer to a plate, serve with sweet and sour tomatoes and warm roti.
Add Ingredients to your Cart
|Ingredients||Qty||Price||Add to Cart|
|Divella Polenta 500g|
|The Garden Thyme 18g|
|Eco Foods Eggs 1 doz|
|Fresh Tarakihi Fillet|
|Farro Cumin Seeds 30g|
|Farro Black Mustard Seeds 40g|
|Farro Ground Turmeric 40g|
|Farro Ground Coriander 30g|
|Farro Chilli Flakes 20g|
|Essente White Sugar 500g|
|The Garden Coriander 18g|
|REMPAH ROTI CHANAI 2PK|
|Essente Canola Oil 1L|